Subway Spokesman Jared Home Raided for Child Porn

(Photo by Kevin Winter/Getty Images)
(Photo by Kevin Winter/Getty Images)

Huffington posts reports: The home of Subway spokesman Jared Fogle was raided in connection with a federal child porn investigation.

NBC’s WTHR reported that Fogle’s Zionsville, Indiana, home was raided Tuesday morning by the Indiana Internet Crimes Against Children task force. The team removed electronics from the house and Fogle was detained outside, but has not been arrested. It’s unclear why investigators raided the home.

FBI sources told Fox 59 that state and federal investigators were serving warrants at Fogle’s home in connection with a child pornography investigation. FBI Special Agent Wendy Osborne confirmed to the Associated Press that they were conducting investigations in the Zionsville neighborhood Tuesday, but did not offer information about Fogle specifically.

WTHR reporter Steve Jefferson tweeted photos from outside Fogle’s home.

The executive director of Fogle’s Jared Foundation, 43-year-old Russell Taylor, was arrested in April for child exploitation, possession of child pornography and voyeurism, Fox 59 reported. State police had received a tip about Taylor from a concerned citizen.

Read More: Huffington Post 

Texas Man Jumps in Lake and Killed by Alligator

alligatorkill1

He removed his shirt, removed his billfold … someone shouted a warning and he said ‘blank the alligators’ and jumped in to the water and almost immediately yelled for help.

Tommie Woodward, mocked warning signs cautioning against getting in the water because of the alligator before jumping in and meeting a grizzly end.

Alligators had been spotted around the marina previously, with plenty of notices being placed around to warn people not to get too close to the water, let alone jump in and go swimming.

Woodward and an unidentified woman decided to ignore said warnings and get in the water, and while Woodward was tragically killed by the animal, the woman was thankfully unharmed.

Source Trni Lulz

Diane Sawyer Steps Down from ABC Nightly News

Diane-Sawyer-jpg

NEW YORK (CNNMoney): Diane Sawyer will step down from ABC’s flagship nightly newscast, “World News,” in August, ABC said Wednesday.

David Muir, the weekend “World News” anchor, will replace her starting September 2.

The announcement ends months of speculation about a transition at ABC’s anchor desk.

In a first-of-its-kind arrangement, Muir will not be the main anchor for big breaking news stories or elections — that spot will go to “Good Morning America” co-host George Stephanopoulos, who will have the title “chief anchor.”

Sawyer took over the “World News” chair in 2009, becoming the first woman to solo-anchor the famed newscast.

Inside ABC, Muir has been seen as her heir apparent for some time. That impression was cemented earlier this year when Stephanopoulos renewed his contract at “GMA” with no mention of a “World News” role.

“After wonderful years at ‘World News’ I decided it is time to move to a new full time role at ABC News,” Sawyer said in a statement.

Last week, with Sawyer away, Muir anchored “World News” for the full week.

The appointment of Muir, 40, to succeed Sawyer, 68, also represents a generational change for a television time slot sometimes stubbornly resistant to change.

“I can’t wait to continue bringing more of my specials to prime time and appearing on all ABC News broadcasts, as well,” Sawyer said. “And to my friends and colleagues George and David — congratulations. I look forward to exciting work together and great times ahead.”

Written: By Brian Stelter

234 Girls Kidnapped from School in Nigeria for More Than 2 weeks

schoolgirls

It is a parent’s worst nightmare: Your child goes to school, never to return.

This is a heart breaking and terrifying story about the young school girls in Nigeria. It has been two weeks and counting since their kidnapping.  Nigerians are living that horrific reality after 230 schoolgirls were abducted, allegedly by Boko Haram, under the cover of darkness on April 16. Of the hundreds of girls herded into vehicles, only 43 have escaped.

The frightened schoolgirls were herded onto waiting buses and motor scooters by the gunmen who assured them,

“Don’t worry. Nothing will happen to you.

The militants of the Islamist terrorist group Boko Haram arrived at the boarding school in the dead of night. They exchanged gunfire with armed security guards outside the school before storming the school and rounding up the girls.

18-year-old Deborah Sanya was one of the 43 lucky ones who managed to escape from the militants’ base camp.

She said she and the other girls believed they were in safe hands, until the men started shooting guns and shouting “Allahu Akbar” (“God is great” in Islam). That was when she knew the men had lied.

According to an article in the New Yorker magazine, the families of the 234 missing girls are wallowing in the midst of uncertainty. They complain that the government is refusing to update them on the efforts to find the girls.

Unidentified mothers call for the president to help, during a demonstration with others who have daughters among the kidnapped school girls of government secondary school Chibok, Tuesday April 29, 2014, in Abuja, Nigeria.  Two weeks after Islamic extremists stormed a remote boarding school in northeast Nigeria, more than 200 girls and young women remain missing despite a ?hot pursuit? by security forces and desperate parents heading into a dangerous forest in search of their daughters. Some dozens have managed to escape their captors, jumping from the back of an open truck or escaping into the bush from a forest hideout, although the exact number of escapees is unclear. (AP Photo/ Gbemiga Olamikan) ORG XMIT: NIN103

And as their parents wait and hope, the government is grappling with an Islamist terror group that has gotten more brazen.

CNN Reports:

In November, the militant group abducted dozens of Christian women, most of whom were later rescued by the military deep in a forest in Maiduguri. At the time of their rescue, some were pregnant or had children, and others had been forcibly converted to Islam and married off to their kidnappers.

Rights groups have said Boko Haram has kidnapped girls as young as 12.

The group especially opposes the education of women. Under its version of Sharia law, women should be at home raising children and looking after their husbands, not at school learning to read and write.

It has repeatedly targeted places of learning in deadly attacks that have highlighted its fundamental philosophy against education.

The spate of kidnappings began in May 2013 when Boko Haram leader Abubakar Shekau announced in a video that this was part of its latest bloody campaign. The kidnappings, he said, were retaliation for Nigerian security forces nabbing the wives and children of group members.

Those kidnapped, he said, would begin a new life as a “servant”.

Madd Factor: This clearly an international crisis, however it barely makes the front pages of national newspapers Please share this story and tell a friend, to help bring justice for this situation.

Cop Arrest Firefighter While On Duty

cop arrest firefighter. madd news

cop arrest firefighter. madd news

What a foolish move for this California cop, especially towards a fellow civil servant! A California Highway Patrol officer put an on-duty Chula Vista firefighter in handcuffs for refusing to move his truck while tending to victims of a car crash.

As he was being handcuffed on the side of the 805 Freeway near Orange County, the firefighter, 12-year veteran Jacob Gregoire, told reporters who had gathered, “I just want to let you all know he’s arresting me.”

Later, according to CBS News 8, Gregoire told the arresting officer, whose name has not been released, “It’s unbelievable you guys have to treat us like this. We are trying to help you guys.”

The officer replied, “We asked you to clear the road, you said ‘No.’ You are being arrested for not moving.”

Gregoire was reportedly detained in the back of a highway patrol car for several minutes before being released. He was not charged.

Chula Vista Fire Chief Dave Hanneman told CBS, “To detain one of our firefighters in the middle of an incident is ridiculous.”

In a statement, Hanneman praised the firefighters for doing what they were trained to do — protecting the scene of an accident with their trucks.

Hanneman told the San Diego Union-Tribune, “The CHP is going to investigate. I think a lot of this had to do with communication.”

The Union-Tribune reports the car accident resulted in two injuries. One person was hospitalized.

The two sides have since made peace. In a joint statement, representatives from the police and fire departments announced this was an “isolated incident and not representative of the manner in which our agencies normally work together toward our common goal,” CBS Los Angeles reported.

Source Yahoo News

MADD FACTOR: What an idoit? WOW, How stupid can you be to arrest a fellow civil servant? ..Can we say SUSPENDED WITHOUT PAY!

Apollo Nida RHOA Phaedra Parks Husband charged with Fraud

apolloarrestfraudmaddnews

The clock is striking again, as confirmation that Apollo Nida was arrested for fraud  this past Thursday. What happen to those checks from the Real Housewives of Atlanta? The rumors of past involvement of Apollo and Phadera being involved with a racketeering scam have been circulating for years.

 The AJC reports: “The Real Housewives of Atlanta” cast member Phaedra Parks’ husband Apollo Nida has been arrested and charged with bank fraud and identity theft, according to a complaint filed by the U.S. District Attorney’s office in Atlanta Thursday.

Nida was imprisoned from 2004 to 2009 for breaking federal racketeering laws related to auto title fraud. He married Parks, an attorney, in 2009 and they have since had two children

SEE MUG SHOT …

Madd News Apollo Nida

Feds Investigate Christie on Sandy Relief Funds

Christie_Traffic_Jams-03c4d-4069

It seems that the NJ bridge traffic mess, is just one other problem that New Jersey Governor Chris Christie is facing this week. The New Jersey Governor  is facing a federal investigation into whether the governor used Hurricane Sandy relief money to produce tourism ads starring himself and his family, Rep. Frank Pallone (D-N.J.) told CNN Sunday. The New Jersey lawmaker said the inspector general for the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development conducted a preliminary investigation, and concluded that a full investigation is warranted.

The Huffington post reports: This  new investigation comes as the New Jersey governor is facing a separate federal probe into revelations that his top aides engineered the temporary shutdown of access lanes to the George Washington Bridge as political retribution.

Pallone wrote a letter to the inspector general of the Department of Housing and Urban Development in August, asking why a firm with a more expensive pitch won the project to make a New Jersey tourism campaign with Hurricane Sandy relief funds. The winning firm’s bid was $4.7 million, while a comparable firm cost $2.5 million. The more expensive idea included the Christies, while the cheaper pitch did not.

In a slickly produced ad released in May, Christie appeared towards the end and proclaimed that New Jersey was “stronger than the storm.”

The ad came as Christie was running for reelection as a Republican in an overwhelmingly Democratic state. However, due to his personal popularity (thanks in no small part to his handling of the Sandy recovery), Christie trounced Democrat Barbara Buono and led in the polls throughout the campaign.

Source Huffington Post