Prince Owned Home in Caribbean Islands (See Pics)

Prince home in Turks and Caicos islands

It seems that Prince also enjoyed visiting the Caribbean, especially Turks and Caicos. Prince purchased a spot on the island of Providenciales in Turks and Caicos in 2010, but never got the chance to fully enjoy it before passing away last month.

Robert Greenwood of Christie’s International Real Estate says Prince had not fully moved in to the 10 bedroom and 10 bathroom mansion which sits on  10,000 square feet and includes a tennis court, 200 foot boat dock and its own private white sand beach.

It was sparsely furnished, Greenwood told TMZ, with a few items in the house from the “Purple Rain” movie, including a mirror and a few chairs.

Prince did have enough time to pain the driveway purple – his first task upon moving in, according to Greenwood. It’s current asking price is $12 million.

View more pics of the property below:

 

Shots Fired Friday Boy George Claims to Have Slept with Prince

103015-Centric-Entertinment-Boy-George-PrinceShots Fired..

Boy George is playing with fire Purple Rain….

The always controversial Boy George is making headlines over a bold claim he made during live auditions of BBC1’s “The Voice, which suggested he’s slept with Prince.
Sources tell The Sun the audience went “absolutely wild” and producers were forced to stop filming to restore order on set. Here’s how it all went down:

“Boy George made his comment about the legendary Purple Rain singer in an exchange with fellow judge Paloma Faith.


The stars, who joined Will.i.am and Kaiser Chiefs’ frontman Ricky Wilson on the judging panel this year, were boasting about who they had collaborated with.

The Karma Chameleon hitmaker started it, saying: ‘I have duetted with some of the greatest soul singers in history including Luther Vandross and Smokey Robinson.’


Paloma replied: ‘Well OK, if we’re throwing big soul names out there I’ve performed with Prince.’


To which George retorted: ‘Forget that, darling, I’ve slept with Prince.'”

After being spoken to by the production crew, Boy George began to backtrack on his remarks, saying that he never slept with Prince but had his poster on the wall. Nice save?
Prince has yet to respond to Boy George’s statements.

Source Centric

Prince Sues 22 Blogger for 22 Million Over Live Bootleg (UPDATED)

Madd News Prince sues bloggers

Madd News  Prince sues bloggers

Prince is hitting the road,  and he is not making any jokes about anyone bootlegging his music and live performances. You may want to think twice before recording any of the shows and posting tracks online.

Spin reports: Prince has filed a copyright lawsuit against 22 different users of Facebook and Google’s Blogger platform. And although he doesn’t know the identity of all the defendants, he’s demanding each pay $1 million in damages.

According to the 21-page complaint filed in U.S. District Court in San Francisco (viaAntiquiet), the defendants “engage in massive infringement and bootlegging of Prince’s material.” The lawsuit targets Dan Chodera, Karina Jindrova, and 20 anonymous defendants. Chodera and Jindrova allegedly operated a no-longer-online Facebook account that posted a bunch of bootleg Prince videos. The other defendants — “Does” 1 through 20 — are accused of similar infractions, such as pointing to a 1983 Chicago set from WorldofBootleg.blogspot.com. Hey, we’d like to hear that one.

Prince asks for a jury trial, which, though highly unlikely, would have to make for some fascinating courtroom drama. In addition to the $22 million total in damages, Prince wants the defendants permanently blocked from infringing on his copyrights. He also wants them to forfeit any money they may have made from his music — with interest — and to return any “unlawful materials” to their rightful Purple custody. Oh, and they’d better cover his lawyers’ fees, too. The defendants haven’t commented publicly yet, but it’s theoretically possible they thought they were actually sharing concerts by Phish, right? Only, like, four letters off!

UPDATE:

TMZ REPORTS:Call him the artist formerly known as “Plaintiff” … ’cause TMZ has learned Prince has officiallyDROPPED his $22 MILLION lawsuit against 22 “bootleggers” who allegedly posted footage of his concerts online.

Prince has only filed the original lawsuit less than 2 weeks ago … going after 22  anonymous bloggers (for $1 mil-a-piece) who posted concert footage on Facebook and other websites without Prince’s permission.

But after news of the lawsuit went public … it only took a few days before Prince decided to end his crusade on the bootleggers.

TMZ has obtained legal documents filed in federal court in California to dismiss his lawsuit … but it’s without prejudice, which means he could refile the suit if he feels like it. .

We reached out to Prince’s lawyer to find out why P had the change of heart — so far, no word back.